The first day of the year started on a right note for Z. He was happy to discover that McD was giving away Hot Wheels with purchase of Happy Meals. The toy car was not featured in the display and I had brushed it off, citing that it was Barbie doll this week. When we asked the McD staff, we found out otherwise.
I cooked a simple lunch and the boys headed off for their naps till they woke up to play with the latest toy – a remote controlled boat. Like what else could beat a handful remote controlled cars? However, Mr H took the reins instead and the boys were happy to observe. Amazing!
The dinner menu comprised of:
1. Salmon Sashimi
2. Herbal Chicken Soup (Liu Wei)
3. Steamed frog legs in Cordyceps chicken essence, wolfberries and ginger
4. Stir fried broccoli with prawns
5. Baked tomatoes with herbs & mayonise
6. Baked mushrooms with bacon in cheese & mayo or with prawn & mentai sauce
7. Pan-seared scallop
8. Ribeye steak
It was a hearty dinner and we definitely looked forward to more of such meals.